Research Interests include interactions between discourse, cognition and grammar, pragmatics, perspective-taking in discourse, Conversation Analysis, typology, narrative structure, language shift and language maintenance, Australian Aboriginal Languages.
- Articles on interactions between discourse and grammar in Garrwa and other Australian Languages, articles on evidential pragmatics in Macedonian, Japanese and English, articles on narrative retelling.
- A Grammar of (Western) Garrwa. Berlin:Mouton De Gruyter. 2012
- Evidentiality and Epistemological Stance: Narrative Retelling. Amsterdam: John Benjamins. 2001
- Discourse and Grammar in Australian Languages (With Brett Baker, Amsterdam: John Benjamins 2008)
- Indigenous Language and Social Identity (With Brett Baker, Mark Harvey and Rod Gardner, Canberra:Pacific Linguistics, 2011)
- Proceedings of the 2004 and 2006 annual meetings of the Australian Linguistics Society